As part of our volunteer programme, we offer:
- your own room in our staff apartment 20 minutes bike ride to the centre;
- a stipend to cover basic food and transportation costs around beautiful Stockholm;
- all courses, events, pujas and happenings at the centre free of charge; and
- a precious chance to live and work with likeminded people, build community and deepen your knowledge and experiences of Tibetan Buddhist practices.
Volunteers are asked to support the overall function of the centre by performing tasks such as the below:
- preparing the venue for events;
- meet and greet the people visiting the centre and attending courses and events;
- simple administration such as printing course material;
- basic outreach and marketing tasks such as posting events on social media;
- venue maintenance and care, including but not limited to some cleaning, plant care, recycling;
- support in the preparation of food for the café, including for special events and retreats; and
- any additional tasks to fully harness your qualifications, skills, and interest.
We kindly ask our volunteers to work six hours a day, five days a week (totalling 30 hours per week). Being allowed to stay and work in Sweden is a prerequisite to apply. The volunteer programme is set for four months but has the potential to be extended.
Does this sound appealing to you or do you have any questions? Feel free to email [email protected]