We are seeking a warm and kind-hearted individual with the people skills and professional experience to take overall responsibility for the efficient day-to-day functioning of Yeshin Norbu center in Stockholm.
We are a non-residential city center in central Stockholm, affiliated with the FPMT. We are very inspired by the Universal Education for Compassion and Wisdom Pillar of Service. This means that in addition to offering a program of traditional FPMT courses, retreats and devotional practices under the Dharma Pillar of Service, we also strive to bring mind training to those who don’t necessarily identify as Buddhist. As of this year we are very fortunate to have regular teachings from local and visiting FPMT registered teachers.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Ensure an efficient and warm welcome towards all visitors
- Ensure that the facilities are well-prepared for classes, events, rentals and visiting teachers, including refreshments as required
2. Venue Care
- Supervise cleaning, water plants, manage and empty recycling
- Supervise the maintenance and repairs to the venue
- Upgrade furnishings and equipment, and support redecoration and rebuilding projects as agreed with the Director and Board
3. General administration
- Ensure that phone calls and emails are answered promptly and efficiently
- Make sure that offices are secure, well-equipped and functional
4. Financial administration
- Work with the Director to set and review budgets
- Pay invoices, keep receipts for bookkeeping and financial reporting
5. Venue hire
- Manage bookings
- Meet customers and show them the venue
- Send invoices to customers
6. Café and Bookshop
- Manage stock for bookshop and café
- Coordinate staff and volunteers
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Organized and efficient
- Comfortable with learning new software, database management and booking systems
- Willingness to work flexibly and harmoniously as part of a small team
- For international applicants, a legal right to work in Sweden.
For applicants, a commitment to helping support the Dalai Lama’s vision of spreading more kindness, compassion, and wisdom in the world is required. Familiarity with the FPMT and its founders Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche is desirable, but not essential.
Compensation and Benefits
Hours of work: Fulltime, exact hours to be discussed, plus approximately 12 weeks vacation per year.
Remuneration: 10 000 SEK/month. The center can offer living accommodations.
Commencing: As soon as possible, at the latest January 2020
Trial period: Three months
How to apply
The deadline for applications is October 30, 2020, but please send your application as soon as possible.
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- Your CV
- A maximum of two pages outlining why you want the job, and how you meet the qualifications
- Contact details for two referees (please let us know if they can be contacted before interview)