Module 13 – Introduction to Tantra
Required and Suggested Readings
Required Readings for ‘Introduction to Tantra’
The following readings are required for all students following this program for a Discovering Buddhism Completion Certificate*. These readings are available with this course in PDF format.
- Why We Need to Practice Tantra, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (Page 4 of PDF)
- Tara the Liberator, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (Page 12 of PDF)
- Tantra and Compassion, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (Page 24 of PDF)
The following books are also part of the required readings.
- Introduction to Tantra, by Lama Thubten Yeshe – Published by Wisdom Publications
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, 1997 gold edition (pp. 707–8) or 2006 blue edition (pp. 649-50) – Published by Wisdom Publications
- Practice Text for retreat : A Short Practice of Four Arm Chenrezig – Booklet published by FPMT
Introduction to Tantra – Suggestions for Further Study
The following books are suggested as additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
- Essence of Tibetan Buddhism, by Lama Thubten Yeshe (Available on LYWA website)
- Becoming the Compassion Buddha, by Lama Thubten Yeshe – Published by Wisdom Publications
- The Tantric Distinction, by Jeffrey Hopkins – Published by Wisdom Publications
- Tantra in Tibet, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama – Published by Snowlion
The following videos are suggested as additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
A list of additional suggestions for further readings can be seen on pages 71 to 72 of the PDF Transcript for the teaching.
* Please be reminded that all “requirements” apply only to those who choose to follow this program for a Completion Certificate. This is a personal choice that one can make at any time during the program.