Module 12 – Wisdom of Emptiness
Required and Suggested Readings
Required Readings for ‘Wisdom of Emptiness’
The following readings are required for all students following this program for a Discovering Buddhism Completion Certificate*. These readings are available with this course in PDF format.
- The Wisdom of Emptiness, by Denma Locho Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Two Truths by Denma Locho Rinpoche (PDF)
- Seeking the I, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- Non-duality, by Lama Thubten Yeshe (PDF)
- How to Meditate on Emptiness, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Wisdom of Emptiness, by Denma Locho Rinpoche.
- Virtue and Reality, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, 1997 gold edition (pp. 647–706) or 2006 blue edition (pp. 593-648) – published by Wisdom Publications
- The Heart Sutra: An Oral Teaching, by Geshe Sonam Rinchen – published by Snow Lion Publications; or alternatively How to See Yourself as you Really Are, by His Holiness Dalai Lama, published by Atria Books
Wisdom of Emptiness – Suggestions for Further Study
The following books and practices are suggested as additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
- Spiritual Friends: Meditations by Monks and Nuns of the International Mahayana Institute – Published by Wisdom Publications
- Teachings from the Vajrasattva Retreat, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche – Published by LYWA
- Echoes of Voidness, by Geshe Rabten (www.rabten.com)
- Calming the Mind, by Gen Lamrimpa – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- Realizing Emptiness, by Gen Lamrimpa – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- The Buddhism of Tibet, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- Chandrakirti’s Sevenfold Reasoning, by Joe Wilson – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- Emptiness Yoga, by Jeffrey Hopkins – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- Meditation on Emptiness, by Jeffrey Hopkins – Published by Wisdom Publications
- The Essence of the Heart Sutra, by His Holiness the Dalai Lama – Published by Wisdom Publications
Suggested Integration Practices
- Prostrations to the Thirty-Five Confession Buddhas – Published by FPMT
- Water bowl offering preliminary practice – Published by FPMT
- Light offering practice – Published by FPMT
Please be reminded that all “requirements” apply only to those who choose to follow this program for a Completion Certificate. This is a personal choice that one can make at any time during the program.