Scroll down for the resources of individual sessions.
The following readings are required for all students following this program for a Discovering Buddhism Completion Certificate*. These readings are available in a combined PDF or in individual PDFs below.
- Bodhichitta: The Perfection of Dharma, by Lama Thubten Yeshe (PDF)
- Generating the Bodhi mind, by His Holiness Kyabje Ling Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Kindness of the Mother, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Six Perfections, by Geshe Rabten (PDF)
- Practicing the Good Heart, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Nature of Compassion, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- Living with Bodhichitta, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Wish-Fulfilling Golden Sun (Pages 106–119), by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
- The Wish-Fulfilling Golden Sun (Pages 143–187), by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (PDF)
The following books are also part of the required readings and a link to these books in the Foundation Store is provided.
- Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand, 1997 gold edition (pp. 547–589, 626–646) or 2006 blue edition (pp. 499-537 & 573-592) – Published by Wisdom Publications
- A Short Practice of Four-Arm Chenrezig, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche – Published by FPMT
How to Develop Bodhichitta – Suggestions for Further Study
The following books and videos are suggested as additional resources for students who wish to deepen their understanding of the material in this course.
- Spiritual Friends: Meditations by Monks and Nuns of the International Mahayana Institute – Published by Wisdom Publications
- Virtue and Reality, by Lama Zopa Rinpoche (Online version available on LYWA website)
- The Bodhisattva Vows – FPMT Education Department booklet
- The Joy of Living and Dying in Peace, His Holiness the Dalai Lama (on the six perfections) – Published by HarperCollins
- The Six Perfections, by Geshe Sonam Rinchen – Published by Snow Lion Publications
- How to Generate Bodhichitta by Ribur Rinpoche (PDF)
- How to Expand Love, by His Holiness Dalai Lama – Published by Atria Publications
- The Awakening Mind, Geshe Tashi Tsering, Published by Wisdom Publications